LETTER FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER JIM BULTEMA
Letter from the General Manager
Like many of you, we watched the Governor’s address where she reiterated the fact that golf courses should remain closed until April 30. We will continue to abide by this mandate.
Our staff are staying home, staying safe, and doing what they can at home to prepare for our upcoming season. Matt will send out weekly updates as needed regarding Pro Shop news and potential date changes.
We’re seeing great response to our online sign ups, which has been encouraging! If you have not signed up for league or need us to find you a partner, please reach out to Matt and Avery. We are VERY excited for the season to start and looking forward to seeing everyone up at the club in May.
Stay connected to fellow members and the club by following us on social! We are Facebook and Instagram.
Stay home and stay safe,
FROM THE PRO MATT KOETS
Update on Upcoming Golf Events
April and May Golf Events Have Been Rescheduled
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and the Executive Order 20-42, we’ve rescheduled several golf events originally planned for April and May.
Please see below for the new tentative May Schedule of Golf Events:
- May 8- Men’s and Ladies’ President’s Cup Matches Begin (GCQ & TCQ)
- May 8- Men’s Compadre Cup Matches Begin (GCQ)
- May 2- Men’s Spring One-Man Scramble (GCQ) 9:00am shotgun Postponed
- May 5- Ladies’ Spring Scramble (TCQ) 6:00pm shotgun Postponed
- May 14- Men’s League Opening Night 3:00pm & 6:00pm shotguns
- May 16- Men’s Team Skins (GCQ) 8:30am shotgun
- May 19- Ladies’ League Opening Night 6:00pm shotgun
- May 20- Ladies’ Learn to Golf Program Begins 5:30pm & 7:00pm
- May 25- Couples’ Red Poppy Best Ball 1:00pm tee times
- May 29- Couples’ Italian Twilight 6:00pm shotgun
- May 30- Family Golf Event 1:00pm shotgun
You will find all the important details and signup sheets for each event posted on the bulletin boards near the locker rooms and on our website. We are also working to offer on-line registration for these events in order to better serve and engage the membership. Please ask a member of your Professional Staff should you have any questions- we are happy to assist!
Stuff Your Locker – Titleist Loyalty Program is back again for 2020
Now through April 19 you can take advantage of this special offer from Titleist. Purchase three dozen custom imprinted Pro V1, Pro V1X, or AVX golf balls and receive a 4th dozen free! Here’s how you can place your order:
- Call the Golf Shop 878.0202 or email a member of the professional staff firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Select Pro V1, Pro V1X, or AVX. Yellow golf balls are now available and some restrictions apply.
- Select the play numbers you’d like- 1-4’s, 5-8’s, or you can pick any number 00-99. (Pro V1 and Pro V1X only)
- Tell us what you’d like imprinted – you can choose up to three lines of text with 17 characters in each line
- Select from the following ink colors – black, blue, red, green, or pink
- Orders typically take two weeks and a member of the staff will notify you when they arrive or we will place them in your locker
We are also offering a great deal to stock up on gloves and socks for the start of the season. Purchase five FootJoy gloves or socks and receive one free!
Golf Shop News
Despite the temporary closure of the Club, we are still offering several great opportunities to support your local golf shop.
Summit Club Code
We are excited to offer our members the opportunity to purchase club logo’d merchandise from the comfort of your home at a discount! Shop using the code RGC15 and receive 15% off your purchase and a Railside Golf Club logo on left chest*.
Head on over to this link to start shopping!
We’ve partnered with Revo for an exclusive member benefit during these unprecedented times. Enter code RGC30 for 30% off your sunglass order at Revo.com.
The club will receive a portion of the sales back, so as you shop, you’re also supporting the club. We look forward to sunny skies ahead.
PGA Head Golf Professional
FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT JEFF SMITH
Around the Course
It’s been a whirlwind of a year so far and a very wild March! It was disappointing to see our sporting events and music concerts cancelled or postponed. However, it was a tough but necessary call to help slow the curve… The deadly COVID-19 virus shut down the country and world over the past few months and thus, we’ve had to alter our grounds department a bit. The grounds staff has scaled back, but is keeping up on all the essential things. For example, we are still mowing all grasses, fertilizing, and spraying fungicide every week.
Thank you to all our members for their cooperation and understanding during these difficult times by doing their part to help slow the curve. We will do our part to have the course in wonderful shape when we see everyone return.
It was nice to see familiar faces out on the golf course, and I hope to see everyone again soon!
Golf Course Superintendent