2021 Summer Edition Newsletter
LETTER FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER JIM BULTEMA
Letter from the General Manager
You may have noticed we have taken a mini hiatus from newsletters. But have no fear, we are excited to announce a quarterly newsletter! So let’s get to it, shall we? A big thank you to everyone for making the start of this golf season a great one! We’ve held some wonderful events, soaked up the sun on the pool deck, and have had many great rounds of golf. Let’s make the rest of this golf season one to remember.
A quick overview of things to come at Railside:
The Union Pavilion is starting to book up for holiday parties. If you, your company, or someone you know is looking to host their holiday party at Railside, please get in touch with Donna.
Railside Bar & Grill
Stay tuned for a delicious new fall menu coming soon! Chef Nate has some scrumptious dishes in mind and we know you’ll want to try them.
As always, thank you all for your continued support of Railside Golf Club.
FROM THE PRO MATT KOETS
Golf Course Etiquette Reminders
The golf course remains extremely busy on a day-to-day basis and it is important to remember the following important golf course etiquette reminders. By following these, you will ensure great playing conditions and golf experience for the entire membership.
- Please keep golf carts on the paths around the tees and the greens
- Par 3 holes are cart path only at all times
- Do not drive golf carts up or down steep slopes
- Please repair your divots by replacing the turf or using the sand bottles provided on the golf carts
- Please repair your ball marks on the greens. Try to fix one more while you are at it☺
- Between Memorial Day and Labor Day no playing groups of more than four allowed
- Please do not walk, jog, ride bikes, fish, etc. on the course
- Please follow the club’s dress code on the course and practice areas:
- Proper golf attire is required
- No denim
- Collared shirts are required- please no tank tops
Season-Long Match Play Events
The Men’s and Ladies’ President’s Cup, Couples’ President’s Cup, and Men’s Compadre Cup season-long match play events are in progress. Best of luck to the players and teams still alive in each of these events! A reminder to please play your matches within the required deadlines. Once you’ve agreed on your match date, please contact the Golf Shop for a tee time. We will have the proper scorecard ready and available at the Starter House prior to the match.
Only four weeks remain in our summer league seasons. Our Ladies’ League finale will be Tuesday, August 17 and our Men’s League finale will be Thursday, August 19. A closing dinner will be held after the conclusion of play on the finale nights. Please make plans to stay as we will recognize the flight winners at this time.
Please join me in congratulating our July Member-Guest Invitational Champions!
2021 Men’s Member-Guest Invitational Overall Champions
Keith Zoulek and his guest, Rick Zoulek
2021 Ladies’ Member-Guest Invitational Overall Champions
Nancy Kitchen and her guest, Sue Licata
Upcoming August and September Events
- Men’s & Ladies’ Senior Club Championship- August 6 & 7
- Junior Club Championship- August 10 (Please register with your junior’s coach)
- Men’s & Ladies’ Club Championship- August 13 & 14
- Ladies’ Junior-Senior Championship- August 20 & 21
- Couples’ Texas BBQ Twilight- August 27
- PGA Cup Family Golf Event- August 28
- Purple Community Event- August 31
- Couples’ Labor Day Shamble- September 6
- Ladies’ Fall League Opening Night- September 7
- Men’s Fall League Opening Night- September 9
- Men’s Junior-Senior Championship- September 10 & 11
- Couples’ Glow Ball Twilight- September 17
- Thistle Cup & Gallagher Cup- September 25
A reminder that all golf event registration(s) are done online. Registration links may be found on the club’s website or the daily golf shop email. You may also find a QR code on each event flyer posted on the locker room bulletin boards. Please use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code and you will be directed to the registration link.
Here’s to more fairways, greens, and one putts,
Matt Koets, PGA
Head Golf Professional
FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT JEFF SMITH
Join us in welcoming our newest members!