- This event has passed.
Men’s Member-Guest Invitational
July 7, 2022 - July 9, 2022
The Men’s Member-Guest committee is extremely excited about this year’s event. Our Invitational has become one of the finest Member-Guest events in West Michigan and the state. It promises to be a memorable three days for both members and invited guests, and we trust it will exceed your expectations. Registration will be open to all 2021 Men’s Member-Guest Invitational participants April 19-21. After this date, registration will be open to all members until the deadline date of June 15.
Deadline to Register: June 15
Please review the information below for a tournament itinerary, a list of special events, our entry fee, and more. There are optional items and events (as well as the costs associated with them) included. The field will consist of the first 64 teams to register by Wednesday, June 15. A waitlist will be established after the field reaches 64 teams.
Four ball match play: One best ball of two, nine-hole round-robin within flights. Each hole will be worth one point with a maximum of nine points available in each match. Competitors will play the white tees. Competitors with an age and handicap index combination of 80 and higher will have the option of playing the gold tees.
Handicaps: USGA or tournament handicaps will be used to determine flights. Once the field is flighted, 90 percent of each individual’s playing handicap will be used in matches. Handicaps will be adjusted to a maximum difference of five strokes between teammates. Any player that does not have an established USGA Handicap must submit a minimum of five scorecards to the golf staff so that a handicap may be established.
Entry fee of $1,150.00 per team entry fee includes:
- Practice round on Wednesday, July 6 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Registration, tee favor, lunch, match #1, #2, #3, and player-only dinner on Thursday
- Breakfast, tee favor, match #4, #5, lunch, Horse Race, Cookout, and Rich McDonald Putting Contest on Friday
- Breakfast, Todd Plummer Bloody Mary Bar, tee favor, match #6, #7, lunch, Shootout, and Awards Reception on Saturday
- Horse Race Cookout and Awards Reception for up to two additional guests. Please no children.
- Hole-in-One Contest – Each day
- Closest to the Pin Contest – Each day
- Skins – Each match within flights
- Team Buy – 1st and 2nd place within flights
- Beat the Pro #16- Thursday match #1 and #2
- Horse Race – Special five-hole single elimination alternate shot competition. Teams are created by taking the lowest handicap member and pairing him with the highest handicap guest, creating equal two-man teams with one member and one guest. All players will be included in the horse race. Members and guests may choose not to participate in the Horse Race if they wish.*
- Shootout – Flight winners will play off in a five-hole elimination, four- ball stroke play, one best ball of two format to determine the overall event champion.
*Please notify the professional staff by June 15.
These events are not included in the entry fee:
- Team Skins (total for all matches) $70.00/team or Team Buy – $100.00/team
- 50/50 raffle each day: 1 ticket=$5.00 / 5 tickets=$20.00 / 20 tickets=$50.00 / 50 tickets=$100.00
- Overall Pari-mutuel
- Horse Race Pari-mutuel
*The Awards Reception is included in the entry fee for event participants and up to two additional guest. Please no children.
The Men’s Member-Guest Invitational is considered one of the finest events of its kind, not only in West Michigan, but in the entire state. Your generous support will help ensure that this tradition continues.
Platinum Sponsorship – $1,650
This package includes entry into the event, four (4) 18-hole guest round certificates, two dozen custom imprinted Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls, and signage on the course during the event displaying your personal message and company logo. You will also receive special recognition in the tournament program and at the awards reception.
Gold Sponsorship – $600
This package includes two (2) 18-hole guest round certificates, signage on the course, and special recognition in the tournament program and at the awards reception.
Silver Sponsorship – $300
This package includes signage on the course and special recognition in the tournament program and at the awards reception.
Event Underwriting Opportunities
Special events are a big part of the Invitational. If you are interested in underwriting one of the following events, please contact Matt Koets.
- Friday Night Horse Race
- Daily Golf Course Refreshments
- Thursday Night Stag Dinner
- Saturday Awards Reception
Wednesday, July 6
- 12:00pm–4:00pm Optional Practice Round (schedule a tee time)
Thursday, July 7
- 10:30am Registration
- 11:00am Lunch
- 12:00pm Match #1
- 2:30pm Match #2
- 5:00pm Snack
- 5:30pm Match #3
- 8:00pm Player’s Only Stag Dinner
Friday, July 8
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am Match #4
- 11:00am Match #5
- 1:30pm Lunch
- 2:30pm Horse Race
- 6:00pm Cookout
- 7:00pm Rich McDonald Putting Contest & Closest to the Pin Contest
Saturday, July 9
- 7:30am Breakfast & Todd Plummer Bloody Mary Bar
- 8:30am Match #6
- 11:00am Match #7
- 1:30pm Lunch
- 2:30pm Shootout
- Hors d’oeuvres and Awards (immediately following the shootout)
This event capacity has been reached. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.